I am a mother and a wife. I love my son and my husband! My head never stops- I lay down at night and my mind just keeps going. Over and over and over. I need a way to get all these things out of my brain and the best way I could think to do it was a blog- this is my mind. Enjoy!















Friday, May 21, 2010

Routine Infant Circumcision

It's WRONG. I got in a huge argument with some family members over this. I tried to be nice about it and say "When you guys made your decisions you didn't have as much access to the facts as I do." But no- they continued to attack me and tell me I was being condescending because I posted something that was posted from a group I belong to called "Intact America" This was the post:

"Intact America believes ALL babies are entitled to the intact bodies they were born with, regardless of culture, religion, or parental preference. FGM and MGM are not medically necessary, and no one -- not the AAP, the CDC, or anyone else -- should recommend that pediatricians cut the genitals of babies who cannot consent."

I agree with it. And if you do the research on circumcision then you would agree too. Doctors lie because they get money for it- and people are stupid. They will follow whatever they think the "norm" is. It makes me so angry! People trust their doctors SO much- when all the doctor cares about is how much money he can make. Now maybe there are doctors that actually care- but I think they are few and far between. 


Here are some websites that will give you some information on circumcision:
http://www.eskimo.com/~gburlin/mgm/facts.html

http://www.cirp.org/pages/parents/FAQ/
http://www.nocirc.org/


The biggest thing about the argument was that my aunt called me a "little girl" and told me that I need a "reality check" because I said I could change the world.

Obviously I am not going to be president, but how dare her! I can change the world one person at a fucking time! 

Anyhow- My family (husband and son) was going to head back to Washington State (where I am from, and my whole family still is) to visit everyone (including my aunt) But my husband and I have been talking for awhile and were thinking about canceling the trip because my husband wants to change his career path. This will mean he will not have been working at the new job very long and then asking for vacation time. Then this whole blow up happened with my aunt (and I have had other arguments with an uncle who told my brother and I both to "fuck off") which pushed me over the edge to decide we shouldn't make the trip. 

I told my parents that we would pay for them to fly out here (New York State) and visit us. They said they would not and were extremely pissed that I had decided not to come out and my brother was pissed off too. WHAT THE FUCK!?! How many times do I have to say that the arguments are not the ONLY reason we are not coming back to visit! 


Now I feel guilted into still visiting. What the hell do I do? Do what I want to? Or be a good sport and visit? Ugh..  I wish Blogger came with answers.. Maybe I need some readers and then I would get some outside opinions...

0 comments:

Post a Comment