I am a mother and a wife. I love my son and my husband! My head never stops- I lay down at night and my mind just keeps going. Over and over and over. I need a way to get all these things out of my brain and the best way I could think to do it was a blog- this is my mind. Enjoy!















Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Starting Solids

After a lot of research, and hearing different things from every different corner- we finally decided to start. My son was starting to become interested while we ate, and would open his mouth for food, so we went for it. We started with a tablespoon of rice cereal when he was about 6 months old. A few days later we added another tablespoon, and then a week later we added another, and we have left it at 3 now because he hasn't expressed much interest in increasing.

We feed him two times a day, after his second feeding, and before his last feeding. He opens his mouth right up for the food and we have not had any problems. He seems to enjoy it! We are going to be waiting a bit longer before introducing any fruits or veggies. I need to do a bit of research to decide what kind of veggies to start with.

What bothered me most is that my doctor was telling me to start at 4 months when I had read everywhere that you shouldn't start before 6 months. I ignored my doctors- and waited until I was comfortable starting. I think that is the most important thing. Doctors think they know best- but Mother's truly do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment